Newcastle City Council provide our school meals; our cook in charge Claire will be happy to help should you have any queries. We cater for most dietary needs and allergen sheets are available below.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are currently entitled to free school meals (UIFSM - Universal Infant Free School Meals). We ask all children to apply for these at the beginning of Reception year or on entry to school.
The price of a paid school meal is currently £2.00 per day (£10.00 per week)
If your child brings their lunch from home and would like to try a school dinner, they are always welcome to stay with us. Please see the school office.
The link below to the city council's web page has lots of useful information and is worth a read.
Current School Menu
Free School Meals
Check if your child can get free school meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get one of the qualifying benefits and they are:
- in government-funded education full time up to the age of 19, or
- in a nursery class or nursery school and attending for full days.
You will need to get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child qualifies for free school meals, they’ll get them until they finish the phase of schooling (first, primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022. Children attending middle or high schools on 31 March 2022 will get them until they finish Year 11. They’ll get them even if you stop getting the qualifying benefit.
After this date, your child will only continue to get free school meals if you get one of the benefits.