The Book of Hopes
Click here to take you to the Book of Hopes. This is a free book that has been created by over 100 children's writers and illustrators. It is a collection of short stories, poems and pictures. I hope you enjoy...
Check out the BBC Bitesize lessons... Click here to go to the Year 5 lesson page with a range of different lessons. Here are just a few to take a look at...
Take a look and see if you can complete some of the activities.
Twinkl Home Learning Hub
Why not take a look at the Home Learning Planner that Twinkl have produced for other activities you can do at home. Click on the document below...
While working from home...
Your child’s book contains work for the first few days while working at home. It contains work for each day including:
- Maths basic skills
- Maths work we have been covering in class
- Writing tasks
- Reading comprehension tasks
- Spelling task
There is also a Bingo Board for our new topic: Rainforests (inside front cover). This is a great opportunity for pupils to start researching their new topic. You could investigate:
- Where are the rainforests in the world?
- What is it like in a rainforest?
- Which animals live in a rainforest?
- What is the climate of a rainforest?
- What is deforestation and how is it affecting the rainforests?
Please complete one activity each week from the Bingo board.
After the first few days of completing the work that has been set in the books I would like pupils to complete the following each day:
- Reading for at least 10-15 minutes. Please try to read a variety of texts (books from school, newspapers, library books, comics…)
- Handwriting practise- Please copy a paragraph of writing from a reading book/library book etc… or write out sentences using Year 5/6 spelling words (There is a copy of the letter formation in the front of the work book and the Year 5/6 spelling words are in the back of the workbook).
- There is a list of spellings in the back of your workbook, please continue to learn them.
- If you have access to the internet:
-Mathletics (2 or 3 activities each day) – (See back of book for login)
-Lexia (15 – 20 minutes each day) - (See back of book for login)
-Times Table Rockstars (10 minutes each day)- (See back of book for login)
- Our Summer Production will be ‘Aladdin’ so you could start to learn some of the songs. I have included the lyrics in the back of your workbooks.
- I have included your coding login that you use with Mr Vyle so you can login and work from home.
Work will be uploaded below for pupils to complete in their work books.