PE and Sport Premium
Learning together, growing together
At Newburn Manor Primary School, we believe Physical Education and Sport (PES) play an important role in making our vision statement a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better. We have welcomed the Government’s announcement to provide additional funding until 2020 to improve provision of PES in primary schools.
We are committed to using this resource:
- to amend our PES Scheme of Work in line with Primary Curriculum 2014
- to develop teachers' competence and confidence to deliver high quality PE lessons (two hours per week within curriculum time)
- to establish steps to success progression in skills for teacher and self assessment
- to provide additional wide ranging PES activities outside curriculum time
- to encourage pupils to lead healthy active lifestyles
- to provide opportunities for pupils to develop their leadership skills
- to offer greater opportunities for sporting competition
- to signpost pupils to sporting opportunities in the community
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding for physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England - The Primary PE & Sport Premium. It is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.