Schools in the Outer West Learning Trust are carrying out a consultation about the 2020/21 Admission Policy, from 5th November 2018 - 16th December 2018. Please click on the link below to read the Newburn Manor Primary draft policy. We are consulting on a specific section of the policy which can be found in bullet point No 2 on page 1 of the draft document. If you have any comments that you would like to make about this section of the draft policy, please contact Joanne Hogarth, School Business Manager on 0191 267 4533 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to read the draft policies of the other schools in the Outer West Learning Trust, please visit the individual school websites. The contact details for commenting on the policies will also be listed on the websites. The schools in the OWL Trust who are consulting on their Admission Policies are listed below.
Knoplaw Primary School
Lemington Riverside Primary School
Milecastle Primary School
Simonside Primary School
Throckley Primary School
Waverley Primary School
West Denton Primary School
Westerhope Primary School
Please note we are currently in the process of updating all of our policies with the introduction of GDPR and migrating to a new policy tracking system. Please be aware some of our dates and policies may be subject to change as we go through our annual process. Any queries please e-mail: email@example.com
Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, please see link to page below
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) for Parent / Carers
Along with other organisations across the UK, we have been preparing for the change to the Data Protection Law that took place on 25th May 2018. We are working hard to meet the new regulations, which will give more control to individuals and more responsibilities to organisations that collect and hold your data.
- Our school already has strict data protection policies, but these will be updated to reflect changes to meet GDPR.
- Our data is already kept secure and used appropriately, but we will be giving you specific information about this through our updated Privacy Notice and Freedom of Information policy.
- Much of what we do with data will stay the same, but with GDPR there will be more security and transparency.
- For much of the data that we collect from you, we do not need consent. Schools have a duty to keep children safe and to deliver a high standard of education so much of our data is held and processed for the reason of ‘carrying out the public task of providing a state-funded education’.
- When we do require your consent, you will be asked for it in a clear and easy to understand way and you will have the right to remove your consent at any time.
Our organization holds the following data: pupil records, pupil medical information, parent contact information, parent details which enable us to check for Free School Meal qualification, safeguarding records, special educational needs records and school meals data. The Governing Body and our Data protection Officer will be holding the school to account to ensure that we are meeting our GDPR responsibilities. We will keep you informed about GDPR throughout your time at this school. If you have any questions, please ask to speak to Mrs Hogarth in the school office.
The school has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Veritau's contact details are:
phone: 01609 532 526
We are registered with the ICO and the link to our registration is: