'An Invention Shed is a custom designed shed, installed on the school site, filled with interesting reclaimed waste materials for creative reuse. The shed provides an alternative classroom for small group work through hands on exploration of materials and creative/ making, engineering projects etc'
The project aims to use Hobs experience and expertise to inspire and enhance primary school teaching in innovation, STEM, creativity and critical thinking.
- A mini on site scrap store for whole school use; regularly refilled and cleaned by House of Objects.
- A small workshop space for the school to use for group work and a specialist mentor to support the best use of each Invention Shed.
- Training for staff in using waste materials to inspire innovation.
- Project frameworks for school staff / adults to use with children in the Invention Shed.
- A home / school recycling project.
Its purpose is to inspire children to explore materials and engineer their own ideas. The beautiful shed stocked with inspiring materials and exciting tools never fails to engage all children in creative exploration. The Invention Shed encourages recycling and environmental responsibility.